If you need food, please contact our agencies below and ask them to refer you.
You will qualify for emergency food if you:
- Are over 70, self isolating and unable to access food
- Are at home with small children and unable to access or afford food
- You think you are vulnerable and need help with affording or accessing food
- You are unwell and can't go out, or order food yourself
- You have no money to pay for food at the moment and are struggling to cope
- You have no one to help you
You can't refer yourself for food - you must go via one of our agencies below who can refer you. We will deliver the food to your home. Our drivers will make sure that they call you as they arrive and leave the food on your doorstep, so that we are observing social distancing at all times. They will wear disposable gloves and carry ID.
Alternative Support via The Lancaster District Support Line
The Support Line is a community-led response coordinated by the Lancaster District Volunteer Hub, to offer support to people in need during the Covid-19 pandemic situation.
You can request support of any kind by either filling in the form below, or calling 01524 582000. We will aim to find a way to support you no matter what you need, so please don’t hesitate to ask.
The support currently provided by our volunteers includes:
- Collecting and delivering shopping or prescriptions
- Picking up or delivering post or parcels
- Ringing anyone who is isolated for a check-in and chat
The Lancaster District Support Line is supported by Lancaster District CVS, Hope Church Lancaster and Lancaster City Council.